DAY 1 | 16:00 – 17:30 | ROOM 1
Leadership in HR
Perhaps we talk too much about the concept of Leadership. When we do so we tend to be referring to Leadership within the Organisation, i.e. High Potential Individuals, Senior Managers and Directors. When it comes to HR we talk about being a “Business Partner” as if this is something special. In this workshop we will be looking at what Leadership means, and how HR must now step onto the plate and take on a “Leadership Role” at the forefront of the Organisation.
- What Leadership is – and what it isn’t
- What does Leading really mean?
- Why Leadership is important to the Organisation
- Leadership in the HR Function
- Leadership v Management
- Skill-sets and Attributes needed for both
- The unique ways HR can add value to the Organisation
- HR’s place in the Boardroom
- Case Study
- Giving participants an insight into how HR can add value
- HR taking a more Assertive Stance at the heart of the Organisation
- Delivering what The Line needs and wants
- How HR must evolve in the 21ST Century
- HR’s new role and how it must contribute to “Vision 2030”
Who should attend?
- HR Officers, Managers and Senior Managers
- Recruiters and HRD/OD Specialists
- Line Managers who work closely with HR
- Line Managers who want to get more out of HR
About Oakwood International
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) at Levels 3, 5 and now Level 7 (Advanced Post Graduate Programmes in HR).
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) at Levels 4, 6 and Level 7 (Post Graduate Diploma)
- The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) at Levels 3, 5 and 7 as well as at Levels 3 and 5 in Coaching & Mentoring.
Certificate of Attendance
CERTXwill issue a Certificate of Attendance to all delegates present at the Workshop (soft copy via email after the event.
Chief Executive Officer, Oakwood International Ltd
Dennis has a background in business and finance. He has held a variety of senior management positions in industry and possesses a wealth of knowledge in the areas of Management Development and Leadership. He has a Masters from Cambridge University and is a Fellow of The Institute of Leadership and Management and an Associate Member of the CIPD. Dennis’ key strengths lie in his ability to get to grips with business challenges quickly and come up with practical, workable and added-value solutions. He has merged his business acumen with his knowledge and skills in the people arena to offer consultancy and real help to all levels of Staff and Management alike. He is proud to be a founding director of The Oakwood Team. Find out more