DAY 2 | 15:00 – 21:00 | ROOM 3
The Changing World of the HR Professional in the GCC Introduction
The CIPD believe that HR and L&D professionals hold the key to unlocking good people management and development in the organisations they work. This is not only good business sense, but also good for the well-being of its workforce and for the long-term prosperity of the economies and societies in which we all work.
This master class aims to explore the changing world of work and how the role of HR and L&D professionals is shifting in line with this and what it means to be an HR or L&D professional in this changing context. Firstly we will draw upon some recent CIPD GCC research – Workforce Insights 2016, to build a picture and understanding of the current and future workforce priorities facing the region set against the backdrop of the present and emerging global and regional context.
Then we will investigate the shift from transactional to strategic HR and the rise of HR business partnering, exploring key themes for today’s HR Business Partners and a new mind-set which is ‘business savvy’ and develops an evidence based approach to HR. Finally we will explore what it means to be an HR professional and how to remain respected and trusted and equipped with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to earn that trust and respect required to be play a key role in the changing context in which they are operating.
- Gain insights into the current and future workforce priorities facing the region and influences on workforce strategies that could be adopted
- Appreciate the changing context in which HR is operating and the resulting shift in expectations, mind-set and skills required for HR practitioners such as HR Business Partners
- Identify the principles of what it means to be an HR professional now and for the future
Hear first-hand about CIPD’s work in the region and the qualifications, membership and training courses that could support your personal or team’s professional development in HR & L&D.
An opportunity to explore and interact with peers and likeminded professionals on the changing world work and how the role of HR and L&D professionals is shifting
Access to CIPD research and thought leadership about the changing world of work and the role of HR and the HR profession of the future.
Who should attend?
This masterclass is aimed at leaders, practitioners and academics who are interested in the changing world of work and to gain insight into the impact upon HR and L&D professionals. Those who may wish to attend are:
Heads of Departments in HR
HR Business Partners
HR Practitioners interested in the changing role of HR and what it means to be a professional
Academics and instructors teaching in the HR and L&D arena
About The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development. The not-for-profit organisation champions better work and working lives and has been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. It has more than 145,000 members across the world, with over 3,000 in the GCC and provides thought leadership through independent research on the world of work, and offers professional training and accreditation for those working in HR and learning and development.
Session 1: The changing world of work
- Regional strategic workforce priorities
- Key areas to help organisations respond proactively to the change including:
- Investing in the workforce of the future
- Women in the workplace
- Employee health and well-being
- Flexible working and the
- Impact of technology
- Group activity to consider the impact upon organisations, HR and employees
This session will reference latest research from CIPD ME Workforce Insights 2016
Session 2: The changing role of HR and new mindset of an HR Business Partner
- A myth buster dispelling common misconceptions about HR
- What is HR business partnering and the change in mindset and key skills to be an HR Superstar
- Introduction to Evidence-based HR
This session will reference research from CIPD’s Positioning Paper In search of the best available evidence December 2016
Session 3: What does it mean to be an HR or L&D professional?
- CIPD’s Profession for the future – A principles-based approach
- The role of continuous professional development and code of conduct
- Activity: What is our role in developing the HR professional of the future
This session will reference CIPD’s Professional Principles
Certificate of Attendance
Upon successful completion of the Masterclass, participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the CIPD.
Head of Partnerships, CIPD Middle East
Sarah is a CIPD Chartered Member and holds an MBA from Henley Management College (awarded the Evening Standard scholarship in 2003) as well as